In the region, which caused the White House to be announced late on Sunday and with tensions in the midst of the Iranian threats near the Strait of Hormuz, the Trump administration is deploying a carrier strike group and a bomber task force in the Middle East.
John Bolton, National Security Adviser, said in a statement, Iran warned while revealing new conversations. The US Command in the United States (Centcom) to send a clear and clear message to the United States, the US Abraham Lincoln Carrier Strike Group and a bombardment force led to the application. Any attacks on the interests of the United States or the interests of our allies will be met with unrestrained power. ’
While the United States is not looking for a war with the Iranian regime, we are entirely ready to respond to the attack by the Islamic Revolutionary Guards and the normal Iranian forces, Bolton said.
A US official told Reuters that US forces were “given as deterrence to the region by potential Iranian forces and to those seen as proxies for the US forces in the region.” It is not clear that the carrier is a definite destination, but that the area where Centcom is located covers Central Asia, including the Middle East, Egypt, Afghanistan, and Iraq.
Following the US’s decision to set the Iranian Revolutionary Guard (IRGC) as a foreign terrorist organization and to waive last month for Iran’s oil importing countries, the IRGC threatened to block the Strait of Hormuz and increased its military maneuvers in the region. Iranian agents in Iraq have also raised threats to the US presence in the country.
Mr. Bolton’s threat to Iran is not new. Last September, he warned Tehran to target US interests or personnel in Iraq following an attack on the US consulate in Basra.