Iran will not surrender to US pressure, even if the country was bombed, Iranian President Hasan Rouhani warned of the rhetoric and hostility between Washington and Tehran.
Rouhani said Thursday that the Pentagon confirmed that he wants to send additional American troops to the Middle East to respond to tensions.
We need resistance, said Reuters, Iran’s state-run IRNA news agency.
”Thus, if our enemies bomb our land and our children are martyrized, injured or taken as prisoners, they know that we will not give up our goals for our independence and pride.
US Secretary of Defense Patrick Shanahan said on Thursday that Washington was looking at options to “increase the protection of the force in the Middle East” and added that an option might “involve sending extra troops”.
Earlier reports suggested that the US Department of Defense planned to send 5,000 additional troops to the region. However, Shanahan dropped the idea that a certain number of US forces were taken into consideration.
According to Reuters, US President Donald Trump, who asks Shanahan about the blueprint following his statements, said he does not think he needs additional troops but is willing to think. The Rhetoric is in the midst of a maximum pressure campaign on Iran, which Washington has accused of further threatening American and allied forces in the region.
Last year, Trump signed the 2015 nuclear agreement between Iran and several world powers and rejected US sanctions for key Iranian industries. Recently, the Trump administration has put further pressure on Tehran, while the US aims to reduce Iran’s oil exports to zero and increase the US military presence in the Gulf.
“More than a year after the implementation of these heavy sanctions, our people did not bow to pressures, even though they faced difficulties in their lives,” Reuters reported.
While the Trump administration offers public evidence to support its latest claims regarding the growing Iranian threat, the US president seems to be pushing some senior advisers for a military conflict.
On Sunday, Trump tweeted: “If Iran wants to fight, it will be the official end of Iran. Never threaten the US again!”
The US military stepped up the deployment of the carrier strike group to the Middle East and sent bombers and Patriot missiles to the area earlier this month.
Meanwhile, on Thursday, the chief of general staff of the Iranian armed forces, Major General Mohammad Baqeri, warned that Iran will receive a “harsh, oppressive and destructive response” to “enemy” adventures.
Iran also said Washington intends to withdraw from parts of its 2015 nuclear agreement from last year. He also urged European countries to protect against US sanctions recently.US lawmakers have also been a hindrance in the US this week against the policies of the Trump administration against Iran, as the president tried to ensure that the president could not unilaterally declare war against Iran.